PROVO, Utah — The wedding between BYU and the Large 12 Convention is signed, sealed and delivered after the college introduced Friday that it has accepted an invite to affix the Energy 5 convention.
However the query is, who made out higher within the deal? BYU or the Large 12?
The Large 12 was dealt a heavy blow final month after studying that it will be shedding Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC. And except Notre Dame instantly wished in, no obtainable packages may match the fan bases and budgets of these colleges.
That mentioned, BYU brings much more to the desk than most colleges may, together with Houston, Central Florida and Cincinnati, the three different universities becoming a member of the Large 12.
BYU officers share pleasure over Large 12 invitation
Listed below are a pair main professionals BYU has going for it:
- THE BIGGEST STADIUM – Texas and Oklahoma have stadiums larger than BYUs, however they’re leaving. Lavell Edwards Stadium is now the convention’s greatest.
- THE BIGGEST ARENA – The whole lot’s not at all times larger in Texas. The Marriott Heart in Provo is bigger than these of different Large 12 colleges AND arenas on the College of Texas and College of Oklahoma.
- FOOTBALL TV RATINGS – This time BYU doesn’t prime the entire remaining groups, however the Cougars have much more soccer viewers than the three different new colleges, and BYU has suffered throughout a decade of independence. In 2023 and past, the Cougars can be enjoying extra significant video games that non-BYU followers can be concerned about seeing.
- BYU already has a program worthy of a Energy 5 convention. Collegefactual.com tracks the dimensions of athletic packages and under is data on the 4 colleges coming into the Large 12:
- BYU: 740 athletes; 381 males and 359 girls; 20 head coaches
- Cincinnati: 560 athletes; 311 males and 249 girls; 15 head coaches
- Houston: 607; 315 males and 292 girls; 13 head coaches
- Central Florida: 517 athletes; 245 males and 272 girls; 14 head coaches